Thursday, November 3, 2022

Iwayado Park

This park is a great place for viewing the fall foliage.  This map shows the places to view.  We went too early for that, but it was still a beautiful place.  














 
On a couple of different hikes I have seen these huge leaves.  I couldn't figure out where they were coming from, but this hike we found the trees way on the top of the canopy above us.  


There were lots of very old stairs and moss in the park. 




I thought the orange moss was interesting.

Even the danger signs in Japan are sometimes cutesy.














There were some chains to hold onto as well as ropes in another place.  I really like how Japan puts people's safety as a high priority, even on something like a hike.  




This was a damn.
Love the twisted trunk!

Another structure overrun by nature.



Some of the leaves were just starting to turn.

Love this old mossy bridge!

Tanuki.  These can be seen all over Japan.  

A poster showing the night illumination that during the fall leaves viewing time.


It was another successful hike! This would be a good place to take the family back to view the fall foliage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Japanese Cooking

One of my friends asked me to share easy Japanese cooking, so here it is! I have bought all of these in Asian markets in the States. They wi...