Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Kyoto Samurai and Ninja Museum

I am still catching up on our Kyoto trip.  Here we learned about Samurai and Ninja. I didn't know that Samurai were from noble families, but ninja were farmers. Thus the reason some of the weapons ninja use resemble those on the farm, because they were from the farm!


We got to dress like ninja. The boys weren't super enthusiastic about this! The weapon I am holding is an example of something that would be used on a farm, but could also be used by a ninja.






Posing with an old samurai.  Sorry, Philip, caught you with your eyes closed! We also found out why some of the samurai had mustaches on their helmets.  Some were only teenagers, so they wanted to look older and more menacing in battle, not like easy targets.



I thought this was interesting.  Read the description card down below this picture.


Next we dressed up like samurai!








G is down for the count!

Last we got to throw ninja stars and shoot a bow and arrow.
 








It was a fun experience and we learned something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Japanese Cooking

One of my friends asked me to share easy Japanese cooking, so here it is! I have bought all of these in Asian markets in the States. They wi...