Sunday, August 14, 2022

Festival at Nagoya Castle

We took the train to Nagoya Castle, it was the first time the boys have ever taken the train here and the first time in a sixteen years that I have taken them.  We had to change trains to get there, so I was grateful Papa P was the navigator. 


I'm a big sucker for sky pictures.
Here we all are together. It was hot and humid...excuse my hair. Haha.
The very green area on the right is part of the castle's moat. The tents on the left were for the festival.
Beautiful sky and lots of people. The ones up closer to the drummers (where the red and white lamps are) were dancing. 
The dancing came closer to us. 




C and Papa P. 
There was food and shaved ice for sale. Not pictured was the games. There was target shooting, ring toss, and fishing games. 
We stood in line for shaved ice. 
They used big ice blocks in their machine. You can see one behind the spray bottle. 
This one is strawberry. 
This one is peach. G wouldn't let me take another picture, so this is what I have. He's not always thrilled to have me take pictures.
This is one of my favorite photos of the night. 
I noticed this tree on the way out. Anyone know what kind it is?
On the way out we were going to take turns being in the picture with the kids, but a nice lady offered to take our picture for us. 
A map in the subway of what it used to look like.
Cool mural on the stairs. 
I saw this on the way home. It's a terrible picture, but I thought the cats fighting was funny. The subject matter of the poster was not. 

I found a better poster in the train station. Papa P said the poster said something like, "Even if you are a cat, don't use violence."

I played pokémon go earlier in the day-it was a community day where more of a certain pokémon show up and there is a good chance you'll get shiny (different colored than normal). With the walking from that (I caught just more than 100 as I explorer my neighborhood) and going to the castle, I got more than 13,000 steps, which is more than I have been getting with all the moving craziness. I was very tired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Japanese Cooking

One of my friends asked me to share easy Japanese cooking, so here it is! I have bought all of these in Asian markets in the States. They wi...